Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Conversations with theists on facebook. Enjoy lol

Ok so this is my first time making a blog so if things are not perfect I apologize. I erased the last names of the people involved in the discussion except for mine, my name is Ryan Darden. Also when I saved the comments I forgot to open a few of them up to see the whole comment so they were cut off, my mistake, will try to do better. Ok so hope you enjoy.

Cherin
I can remember throughout school starting every morning with a prayer and... "I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States Of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all !!!" We no longer do that for... fear... of Offending someone !!! Let's see how many Americans will re-post this & NOT CARE if it offends anyone

 I DO NOT want to offend, BUT I do stand for what I believe in. Everyone has their opinion and I have mine, being from America, I can voice mine freely thanks to all the past present and future soldiers.
February 22 at 7:56pm · Like · 2 people


to make other people do something just because you think its right is wrong!! it would offend me if me or my kids were forced to pray anywhere!!!!
February 22 at 7:57pm · Like

 Simple, put it back in the the schools for the parents that want their children to say a prayer, and if you dont them to, then they should not have to. But as far as the Pledge of Allegiance, this is what MY country stands for. If you dont like it, DONT LIVE HERE.If living here is better than where you are from, stop whining about our countries values.
February 22 at 8:06pm · Like · 5 people

 I agree with you Cherin. Even to this day when the pledge is said at school, I stand, cover my heart and gladly voice the words. I am also proud to say that one of the schools I work in offer at time "for prayer and meditation" giving the students a choice. Nobody seems to have a problem with a prayer being said before football games, so why not a school day? I am proud of my God, my country, and the people who serve daily so that I can have a choice. I certainly don't care who I offend by utilizing this right!
February 22 at 8:07pm · Like · 5 people

 One more thing,please learn english if you would, if i go to another country I would need to learn your language.
February 22 at 8:14pm · Like · 4 people

Think about it. EVERYONE who has become a naturalized citizen had to pledge allegiance to our flag and country aand God, SO why are they oposing it now.
February 22 at 8:14pm · Like · 2 people

I have a problem with prayer being said before football games!! by the way I never said anything was wrong with saying the pledge of allegiance, just the prayer. Also making kids do something just because there parents thinks its right is also wrong!!!! kids that are young enough to believe in santa clause should not be forced to believe in a religion, its sickening. just sayin
February 22 at 8:16pm · Like

 Totally with you here. We have moments of silence here and they can be used anyway the kids want...whether its to pray(any religion they choose) or just pause and reflect. But, Hell yeah.... if you don't like our flag, pledge, or country...LEAVE!!!
February 22 at 8:19pm · Like

 Ryan, till u have kids, just saying. U know darn well that if u did, u would be teaching them what u believe. I have that right to teach my kids about God and anything else I want. Knowing that when they got old enough I respect them to make their own decisions. I might not approve but it is their own decision.
February 22 at 8:20pm · Like · 2 people

 Gotta get to work all, thank every1 for ur thoughts :)
February 22 at 8:23pm · Like

But you are brainwashing them! dont you see that? See the big difference in what you believe and what I believe is the fact that im right and you and everybody that has a religion is wrong! It has no place in school in any way shape or form because it is wrong!!!
February 22 at 8:24pm · Like

 until u have kids u really dont no what u would do or how u would raise them "brainwashing" r u serious right now!?! read tha bible hunny and c for urself whether or not u would want ur own to follow in jesus's footsteps u r entitled to ur own opinion but dont get too carried away
February 22 at 8:35pm · Like · 2 people

 I pray for those who don't believe in prayer OR God, because they have NO hope. They will just live and die...and spend eternity separated from God!
February 22 at 8:45pm · Like · 2 people

Having kids has nothing to do with it lol are you kidding me!!!!!!!!!! Religion is horrible and false and it is the dumbing down of out people! I would want my kids to be smart and be respected instead of being made fun of for being ignorant and believing in some magic fairy tale story! Sorry Whitney but just because you read something doesn't make it true, sorry bout your luck
February 22 at 9:05pm · Like

SOMEDAY soon, ....."For it is written sayeth the Lord, "Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess to God," " So then, every one of us shall give account of himself to God." Romans 14:11-12.
Whether you believe or not, this will sti...See More
February 22 at 9:11pm · Like

Will it? I mean are you sure it will happen? or did you just read it in some old book written a few thousand years ago? I study science and reasoning and the smartest scientist in the world believe the way I do.
February 22 at 9:14pm · Like

 As I said earlier, I'll pray for you, because you don't know God OR His son Jesus, which means you have NO HOPE!
February 22 at 9:19pm · Like

 I had rather believe and be wrong than not believe and be wrong.
February 22 at 9:21pm · Like · 2 people

lol dont pray for me, it just a wast of time. how about you spend that time reading about atheism with an open mind, it might change ur life
February 22 at 9:22pm · Like

 Everyone has a right to the way they feel and how they live their lives. I don't believe anyone should push their views on other people. Ryan, you are a good friend and I respect your views but please keep the negative and trash talking to yourself. I have known for a very long time that you don't believe in the same God I do. I will not judge you for that so please show everyone here that same RESPECT.
February 22 at 9:22pm · Like · 1 person

Helen if you believe that way then you might as well not even believe at all, your using it as a convenience. Just be like me! living a real life is so much more rewarding.
February 22 at 9:23pm · Like

umm well Katherine if we were all on the same level I would do that, but we are not so I will continue to show no respect for any kind of religion and I will crush it every chance I get till the day I die! Religion needs to go away and im trying to hurry that process up by doing my part, so yea sorry bout your luck too.
February 22 at 9:25pm · Like

 LUCK has nothing to do with this... I BELIEVE IN THE EVER LASTING LOVE OF GOD!!! I WILL NOT PUSH THAT ON YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR THAT MATTER. If you continue on the path your on one day you may live to regret it and the same goes for other no believers.
February 22 at 9:27pm · Like

 welp anybody that makes fun of another for believing in sumthing greater than this earth is shallow and that says a lot about their character!! u werent there a thousand years ago to no if jesus was real or not so how could u say its a fairytale u just let us idiots beleive what we wanna beleive and weel let u smart and respected believe wat u want but dont get on fb say were wrong for believing and "brainwashing" our kids when u dont no wa ur talking about
February 22 at 9:30pm · Like · 1 person

There you go again acting like what you believe is actually true lol Its not, just because mommy and daddy taught you it was true doesn't mean its true, go follow up on some science subjects and get back to me. Religion hope and faith and science is based on facts, I think ill go with the facts, plus I have common sense that tells me how crazy religion is.
February 22 at 9:30pm · Like

Thats the problem Whitney I do know what im talking about!!! Science can disprove everything in you religion. you have no idea what your talking about.
February 22 at 9:32pm · Like

 SCIENCE IS MANS WAY OF MAKING YOU THINK YOU EVOLVED FROM AN APE... THE BIBLE SHOWS YOU THAT GOD CREATED THE HEAVENS AND EARTH!
February 22 at 9:35pm · Like

Ryan what happened to make you so cynical? FYI I am a scientist and I believe in Jesus Christ as my personal Lord and savior. And, before you answer back with some "smart" to quote Whitney comment. You arent the only one on Facebook that h...See More
February 22 at 9:37pm · Like · 2 people

Katherine wow I cant believe you just said that!!! you make it clear you have no idea what your talking about! like its to the point of being hilarious!
February 22 at 9:37pm · Like

 Ryan DARDEN! If you are as smart as you are claiming, you will know that there are many different views in the science community. FACT!! SCIENCE is about theories. Some proven some STILL NOT! AS a self proclaimed smart person, why dont you take a big box of legos and put them in a big paper bag, shake them up and scream bang. I promise that when you pour those legos out of that bag they will not make ANYTHING, much less the world. Remember that. THEORIES!! Not all of them are fact.
February 22 at 9:46pm · Like · 3 people

 P.S. Said in love my friend and as an intelligent conversation, not a name calling conversation.
February 22 at 9:48pm · Like · 1 person

Human evolution, or anthropogeny,[1] is the origin and evolution of Homo sapiens as a distinct species from other hominids, great apes and placental mammals. The study of human evolution uses many scientific disciplines, including physical anthropology, primatology, archaeology, linguistics and genetics.[2]
February 22 at 9:50pm · Like

now tell me I don't know what I'm talking about!!!
February 22 at 9:51pm · Like

umm ok Christy lets see, theories are based on other facts so that argument holds no ground at all. Evolution has been proved to be fact by the way. I dont think im some super smart person I just know what I believe is true, you dont have to be super smart to believe what I do, all its take is some common sense. My reason for my hatred of religion is because of so many reasons!
February 22 at 10:00pm · Like

Ryan, as an educated person, I know that theories are based on SOME fact, not all of it is fact. As a scientist you should know this, maybe it will take you a few more years to understand that. I hope that whatever school you attend/attende...See More
February 22 at 10:08pm · Like · 1 person

Katherine we all evolved from the same thing, its just at a certain point we separated onto a different evolutionary branch and apes went a different route, trust me. Christy I know that you are a nice person but I am passionate about my be...See More
February 22 at 10:23pm · Like

You are entitled to be passionate. Just as the rest of us are. Glad we could talk intelligently but this scientist must be at work early. Have a good day would love to discuss more someday.
February 22 at 10:27pm · Like

 ok ryan how do u think we got here
February 22 at 10:28pm · Like

Big bang theory ofcourse
February 22 at 10:28pm · Like

 Bag of Legos Ryan!! HEHEHE
February 22 at 10:29pm · Like

Ryan Darden Legos are plastic blocks and can not be compared to the big bang
February 22 at 10:31pm · Like

 O MY, I claim it and it will be. In sweet Jesus name, Amen
February 23 at 1:30pm · Like

This video is perfect for how I see Religion and science, I wish everybody could watch this and come away with the same understanding I have, but I know that will not happen because most people can not even understand what is being talked a...See More
February 24 at 10:31am · Like

Ryan, I watched. I am not even going to go there because no, I might not be as smart as u about science. Who cares, I dont. Look, u believe what gives u comfort and I'll believe what gives me comfort. I dont hold anything against u or anyon...See More
February 24 at 4:22pm · Like

Look I dont mean to be an ass on here, but I just get aggravated when people cant understand where im coming from. Your to caught up on us being as equals when we are not. Atheist and agnostics are looked down upon people of any religion. T...See More
February 24 at 4:36pm · Like

I have always thought about something u just said. If I were raised in a different country I would believe in what they believe in.And that is scary to me. They have no other choice. My dad went to China a couple different times, but it had...See More
February 24 at 4:56pm · Like

Some countries have a choice some do not. The religions they follow are the same ones handed down through generations, no different than Christianity. They are all man made. A world without religion would be a great place to live, that woul...See More
February 24 at 5:07pm · Like

 Nope, I feel no differently about u than I do my favorite preacher. I love God and husband and grandchildren more than u or anyone else. But after that u r all the same to me. And I disagree with u saying a world without religion would mean no hate for other races. Unless u r saying without religion there would not be different races.
February 24 at 5:16pm · Like

No comments:

Post a Comment